Thank you North Hants Mum for letting us tell you a little bit about what we do!
KeepaBeat is a new, local paediatric first aid company looking to provide everyone who has any responsibility for children that all important, life saving skills they may just need one day, be it parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, friends…everyone! We want to spread the word that first aid isn’t scary and that you can make a big difference in those first few vital moments.
Consider these facts:
- 44% of parents have not learned basic first aid in preparation for the arrival of their baby
- A third of parents have had to rush their children in to hospital at some point.
- And 82% of parents would not know what to do first if their child fell over, started to choke, or was burnt.
After dialing 999, the operator will talk you through the actions you need while waiting for the ambulance. Wouldn’t it be better if you had already practiced and the operator was just coaching you?
What do we cover?
Our 2 hour First Aid for Parents course is aimed at anyone who has contact with children including parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents, friends, neighbours, anybody! We cover the basics such as Baby and Child CPR and Recovery position and Baby and Child Choking sequences but also Head Bumps, Burns, Temperature (including Febrile Convulsions) Croup and Meningitis.
What makes us unique?
- Facts – nobody leaves our class with the wrong advice and if we are unsure of the answer to any question you pose, we will contact our industry experts and have an answer within 14 days, guaranteed.
- More Manikins – We ensure there are no more than 2 people per manikin giving you more time to practice life-saving techniques.
- Over Trained Trainers – All KeepaBeat trainers have attended the KeepaBeat training course and hold a First Aid at Work Qualification and a Level 3 award in Training and Education.
- Reassurance – we are ofqual regulated, unlike many other providers.
Who Are we?
The Basingstoke team consists of Deputy Sister Ashley who qualified as a nurse in 2008 who has three wonderful children of her own, and a familiar face to you many of you and Baby Sensory and Toddler Sense Class Leader Claire. We are both very excited to share this invaluable program with you.
What Our Delegates Have Said..
“Brilliant and professional, relaxed classes run by Ashley she was more than happy to answer questions throughout the session. All ages were made to feel comfortable and welcome”
“Very Informative – feel more confident knowing signs to look for and how to react in certain situations.”
“Thank you, the course was very good and gave simple instructions to follow”
Where are we?
We hold course all over the Basingstoke and North Hampshire area including Burghfield, Alton, and Crondall. We can also cater for private groups in your own home at a time that suits you, please contact us for further details.
To book on simply pop along to KeepaBeat Basingstoke Region to secure you space. Spaces are very limited.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum onTwitter,Google+,Facebook Page, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!