Farley Mount – Winchester
- No toilet facilities
- Free parking
- Has an excellent outdoor area for toddlers
- Farm shop on the way in from Winchester or Waitrose nearby for picnic bits
- Path’s aren’t distinct but are fairly pushchair friendly
- See my review of Farleigh Mount from 2013
Basingstoke Canal – Odiham
- Castle remains are pretty cool although you can no longer picnic inside it, have to sit outside
- Path can be quite thin in place but still should still be able to use with an off road buggy.
Frensham Little Pond/Great Pond – Near Farnham
- Nearest sandy “beach”!
Fleet Pond – Fleet
- Tiny sandy beach
- picnic benches
- jetty’s for feeding the ducks
- entry road in is a bit hair raising!
Queen Elizabeth Country Park – Horndean
- See my review of Queen Elizabeth Country Park from 2014
Staunton Country Park – Havant
Royal Victoria Country Park – Southampton
Aldermaston Common – On the road from Basingstoke to Newbury
- Several Car Parks around the common
Hook Common – Just off Junction 5 of M3
- Has big red cows with big horns wandering around and often horses grazing, so if have dogs need to keep control of them.
Yateley Common Country Park – Nr Yately
Newbury Race Course/Watership Down – near Kingsclere, RG28 7NJ
- Head for Winchester on the A30.
- Go past the Claas (large Farm machinery and tractors) company which is on your right and then take the second left (don’t turn into the first turning, as you can’t park here) sign posted to Northington and The Candovers.
Go under the motorway and the car park is up on your left.
Oh and it’s NO WHERE NEAR Micheldever! lol
Go now, before the bluebells disappear for the year, as they are gorgeous!
Medstead Forest – Near to Alton
- Lovely in spring time when the Bluebells are out