Things to do in Basingstoke with a 3 year old
- Visit PlayDays, JJ’s, Fun House or Gym Tots at the Sports Centre
- Go to the Aquadrome.
- Check out nature detectives to see which packs you can use to go on a treasure hunt. Click HERE for a list of nature walks you can do.
- Play Pooh Sticks on the bridge at Eastrop Park
- Go Ice Skating at Planet Ice
- Check out the aquarium’s in the fish shop at Sherfield on Loddon Garden Centre
- Go to Milestones and you can even visit the old fashioned sweet shop
- Go Bowling at the Leisure Park and play in the new Soft Play area after. (Keep your receipt for softplay as it gets you half price entry the next time you go.)
- Visit a Pick Your Own Farm
- Fly a kite on Crabtree Hill
- Take a ride on the Viables mini steam train when it’s running
- Go to Basing Lime Pits and play on the Train climbing frame and slide down the extra long slides
- Monday activities
- Tuesday activities
- Wednesday activities
- Thursday activities
- Friday activities
- Weekend activities
- Go out for the day, perhaps look at NHM reviews for an idea of places to go
- Go out for something to eat somewhere. There are some reviews on NHM too.
- Visit the Library or have a look at what’s on
- If the weather isn’t great, don your wellies and put your child in a splash suit and go muddy puddle jumping!
- Go to a children’s viewing at the cinema – Saturdays. Don’t forget to check out the Newbie session if you have a baby.
- If it’s raining, go puddle jumping!
- Hobbycraft – do free pre schooler classes during term time, but I can’t see anything on their site that shows this. Maybe it’s school holidays only?
- Bowling – we took Miss NHM Bowling on her 2nd birthday and she loved it!
- Ice Skating . Try the Ice Tots class first if you are nervous about taking your little ones out on the ice.
- Pets At Home, Tadley Pet Supplies or the Aquatics shop at Wyevale Garden Centre.
- Trampolining at the Active Life Centre, JumpFactory and FlipOut
- Take your child to the theatre. The Anvil and The Haymarket have regular children’s performances.
- Nature Detectives – great for inspiring the family!
Visit a library
Below is a list of Libraries in the North Hampshire area:
- Aldershot Library
- Alresford Library
- Alton Library
- Andover Library
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre – Open on Sundays!!!
- Chineham Library
- Farnborough Library
- Fleet Library
- Kingsclere Library
- North Baddesley Community Library
- Odiham Bridewell
- South Ham Library
- Tadley Library
- Whitchurch Library
Or Try out one of the following activities featured on NHM
What would you add to this list?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum onTwitter,Facebook Page, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!