“S” sent me her hospital tips when her second child was born who is now nearly three years old! Opps! I probably should have posted this a bit sooner, but better late than never! Thank you for this fantastic post “S”. Going to miss you ;-).
I am posting this after meeting up with an old school friend, Kathryn, on Monday, whom I haven’t seen to chat too in over 20 years! This post is for you Kathryn and all of the other pregnant ladies who read NHM ;-).
- Pampers – not one nappy has leaked so far
- Bikini top – so hot in the hospital this was a great thing to wear in labour
- Disposable knickers – lots of blood very early on and actually not uncomfortable
- Don’t bother with fancy pjs – def get blood on them even with 2 maternity towels on
- Take nice towel for yourself – the hospital ones are tough and not really offered clean ones
- Luxury toilet paper – a must for stitches
- Padded maternity towels with wings were good, if stitches wear 2 on top of each other for extra padding
- Be assertive with midwives and listen to your body not the textbook
- Get as much help as possible with feeding – nursery nurses were brilliant, ask for breastfeeding counsellor appointment too, they come around the wards
- Ibaby breastfeeding app excellent for iPhone to figure out feed times esp with stopping/ starting for burping etc
- Contraction timer excellent – and gave me something to focus on during contractions
- Fruit really good to eat during labour
- Good idea to take a range of clothes sizes in case your baby is tiny/big
- A bath with lavender essential oil is soothing for stitches
What’s missing from this list?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum on Twitter, Google+, Facebook Page, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!