Are you looking for somewhere to meet up with several of your friends, their babies and pushchairs/buggys?
The list below are some of the foody places you could visit that welcome large groups of Mum’s and babies:
1. Queens College Arms – Tadley road
Recommend booking in advance and asking for the “big” table. They have baby changing facilities onsite and bottle warming facilities. Very friendly and welcoming of Mum’s and babies. For bigger children, there is a climbing frame in the pub garden.
2. Little Roses Tea Shop – Elm Tree Garden centre, just up from the Queens College Arms
They have excellent baby changing facilities and even provide free baby wipes and nappy bags! There is a changing station and several highchairs upstairs if you don’t want to take your pushchair in. Recommend looking in the Chests/tables as there is a treasure trove of toys that will keep children amused for a while. Very welcoming of Mums and babies.
3. Dayers – Chineham Business Park This place is normally empty in the mornings. They do good breakfasts and cake. Gets busy at lunchtime, so maybe not the best place to go for lunch. Unfortunately they don’t have baby changing facilities (they used too!) but they do have large toilets so if you don’t mind doing emergency nappy changes on your changing mat on the floor, you should be ok.
4. Dobbies Garden Centre – Tilehurst (25 mins from central Basingstoke)
If you fancy going a bit further afield or live near Reading, it’s worth checking out the restaurant of this Garden Centre. They have a large restaurant with a big outside eating area. Seems to be quiet because it’s outside of central Reading.
5. Wyevale Garden Centre – Sherfield on Loddon
They have a large restaurant and outside area. The baby changing facilities are good, but are in the ladies toilets. I recommend signing up for the Gardening Club as you rack up the points quite quickly which give you discounts in the store and restaurant.
6. The Cafe Project, The Dome, behind Asda in Brighton Hill
Open Tuesday to Friday’s from 9.30am.
7. Portsmouth Arms – Hatch Warren
8. Costa Coffee – Hampshire Centrecourt Hotel (Behind the large Tesco’s)
The Service is slow but you can sit indoors or outdoors and there are baby changing facilities