As a parent you and your family are probably up early. Why not make the most of your weekend and indulge in breakfast out. If you plan well it doesn’t have to cost the earth and gives your family a great start to the weekend. Or, you could arrange to catch up with other families for breakfast as you know they will be up too!
1. Nelsons Diner – On the way to Newbury I love Nelsons for breakfast. They do a great American breakfast, pancakes with maple syrup. If you aren’t watching your waistline, I totally recommend the milkshakes. Totally moreish. (I may regret putting up such a raving review next time we try to get a table! :-D) 2. Dayers – Chineham Business Park They are only open from 8am until 3pm and don’t have baby changing facilities but they are generally very quiet in the morning and do a good breakfast. They do have free wireless though, if you can juggle that and a child! It’s only open on week days for breakfast though.
3. Sainsburys – Hatch Warren
4. Debenhams – Town Centre
5. BHS – Town Centre Breakfast is £1.99 when you buy any hot drink before 11.30am
6. Morrisons – Brookvale
7. Frankie and Benny’s Not sure whether I should be suggesting this place because the last few times I’ve eaten here friends have been sick afterwards. It could have been coincidence as it happened twice, but I haven’t dared risk it again! (Dec 2013 – We tried again and had the pancakes for breakfast which were yummy. No one got sick this time ;-). They have a children’s menu and baby changing facilities.) 8. The Beach Arms – Oakley Not eaten here yet but it’s on my list of places to try.
9. Wyevale Garden Centre – Sherfield on Loddon
I would recommend signing up to the Gardening Club they have because you can also use the points for meals. They also send you deals out in the post which can often work out to be very reasonable.
10. The Harvester