I stumbled across these Early Education (0 to 5 year olds) leaflets late last year. The leaflets can be downloaded for free and most are short. I recommend reading them because they give some great suggestions, tips and ideas for helping parents and carers understand and help babies and children learn. I particularly like that each of the PDF documents has a reading list and a list of useful contacts and resources relevant to each theme.
Most of the documents are less than three pages long, although the Development Matters document is a very long document, but fascinating reading.
The list of free leaflets you can download are:
- Development Matters
- Science all around
- Making their mark – children’s early writing
- Helping children cope with change
- Young children and technology
- The road to reading
- Making a noise for music
- Going out to play and learn
- Toddlers and very early learning
- Questions and answers
- Helping children with their behaviour
- Children as artists
- Babies – learning starts from the first day
- Maths is everywhere
You can find the link to these leaflets HERE. Click on the “View All” arrow under the Free section.