As it’s coming up to Mother’s Day in the UK this Sunday (10th of March 2013) I thought it might be nice to put together a post with some ideas of how you might want to treat yourself by having some quality time to yourself.
1. Join the local Mum’s choir. Group on FB: “Ooh Mama! We’re a newly formed choir purely for Mummies to take some “me time”. No Audition! – singing just for fun”. Meet every Tuesday in term time. 8pm to 9.30pm at Christchurch Chineham.
2. Book a mobile Beautician to come to your house to give you a massage when your children are asleep in bed (and will hopefully stay there!) or for a manicure, or pedicure
3. Attend a “Mums on a Mission” class. Becky’s Studio has classes throughout the day and you can bring your children along too.
4. Arrange a catch up with some girlie friends for afternoon tea. The Parlour Tea rooms or check here for more Afternoon Tea’s HERE and HERE. Kill two birds with one stone and take your Mum with you instead!
5. Join a dancing class. There are lots of dance schools in North Hampshire. I’m working on a future post with a list of dance schools in the area. (HERE).
6. Have a personal shopper experience. Debenhams in Basingstoke has this service available and you can book a slot online via their website. (I used this service just before I went back to work after maternity leave, as I had no work clothes I could get into and I hate shopping for clothes. A friend came along with me and had our babies with us. The Debenhams team were really helpful and didn’t mind me breastfeeding) . Click HERE for a previous post on creating the perfect capsule wardrobe.
7. Book a blowdry at home. Click HERE for the link to a page on NHM for Mobile Hairdressers
8. Go Ice Skating at Planet Ice. So much fun and lots of exercise without even knowing it!
9. Go out for lunch with some friends. Click HERE for a previous post on reasonably priced restaurants in Basingstoke.
10. See something at the Anvil or Haymarket. There’s nothing quite like going to the theatre.
11. Attend a Burlesque class or Dirty Dancing workshop for lots of giggles.