There are no Steiner education schools in Basingstoke.
The nearest schools are listed below:
Alder Bridge School * (1989)
Bridge House, Mill Lane, Padworth, Berks. RG7 4JU
Tel 0118 971 4471
Ringwood Waldorf School (1974)
EC to 10 (270)
Folly Farm lane, Ashley, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 2NN
Tel 01425 472664
Interest Groups (non-accredited by SWSF)
Wildflowers Kindergarten, Kilmeston Village Hall, Alresford Hants SO24 ONR
Enquiries: Brockwood Park School, Bramdean, Hants SO24 0LQ
Tel 01962 771458
What is Steiner education?
- Works for all children irrespective of academic ability, class, ethnicity or religion;
- Takes account of the needs of the whole child – academic, physical, emotional and spiritual;
- Is based on an understanding of the relevance of the different phases of child development;
- Develops a love of learning and an enthusiasm for school;
- Sees artistic activity and the development of the imagination as integral to learning;
- Is tried and tested and is part of state funded, mainstream provision in most European countries;
- Is respected worldwide for its ability to produce very able young people who have a strong sense of self and diverse capacities that enable them to become socially and economically responsible citizens.
Who was Rudolf Steiner?
Rudolf Steiner (1861 – 1925) was an innovative academic born in Austria whose ideas founded the basis of Anthroposophy.
He applied his ideas to education as well as agriculture, medicine, architecture and social reform. The Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship acknowledges Rudolf Steiner as the founding inspiration of modern day Steiner schools, but does not promote Anthroposophy or endorse every aspect of it.
For more details check out: http://www.steinerwaldorf.org/whatissteinereducation.html