Yay! It’s snowing! I know this is a complete nightmare for LOTS and lots of people but I LOVE the snow so I’m very excited about it, even if we did only last 10 minutes because my extremely strong willed 6 year old refused to wear her gloves and got very cold hands very quickly. Sigh!
I’ve also been up since 6am stressing about keeping everyone updated on which schools and pre-schools are opened or closed so I am exhausted! lol.
You can check on this post for more details about which schools are open still and the times that they close: HCC School Closure Website
Anyyyyywaayy, this is my impromptu list of suggestions of things you can do with your little ones today whilst it’s snowing.
Whatever you end up doing…HAVE FUN!!!!!
- Make snowmen snowwomen, snowbabies, snowchildren
- Build an igloo
- Make coloured ice balls (balloons filled with water and a bit of food colouring and leave outside over night)
- Snowball fight/gentle throw
- Snow angels
- Coloured Water play
- Dry Food Play
- Play Dough Recipes
- Coloured Spaghetti
- A Toddler Box of Tricks
- Babies Treasure Baskets
- More about Treasure Baskets
- Nature Detectives (Ice Lanterns look AWESOME!!)
Other Useful Posts
- Things to do on a wet bank holiday! (When you don’t want to spend any money!)
- Winter “Bored Sticks” Jar – 40 ideas
- 8 Cheap or Free Rainy Day Activities in Basingstoke
What would you add to this list?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum onTwitter,Facebook Page, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!