Louise has kindly let me write a guest post this week to introduce you all my to my business, Tranquility Tree (www.tranquilitytree.co.uk).
My name is Karen Dyer and I am a fully qualified (VTCT Level 3 Diploma) and insured reflexologist. As well as offering traditional hand and foot reflexology for health and well-being, I also offer facial reflexology and maternity reflexology (see more on these below). I am also studying to be an aromatherapist and can use essential oil blends as part of your reflexology treatment and also make up blends for you to take home.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary therapy based on the theory that different points on the feet, lower legs, hands and face correspond with different organs and parts of the body. Reflexologists believe that applying gentle pressure to these areas brings about a deep state of relaxation and helps improve well-being.
- help you to relax,
- improve your mood,
- aid sleep,
- help to relieve tension,
- alleviate stress,
- and improve your overall sense of well-being.
You may notice other aspects improve too but this happens on a very individual basis.
- Facial reflexology for relaxation / stress relief. This is a deeply relaxing treatment which is perfect for those who don’t like having their feet touched or who want to leave with a radiant glow (after a course of treatments you may even notice an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles).
- Maternity reflexology. Pregnancy is a very special time but it can be very physically and emotionally demanding. Reflexology can be a great support during this time and recent studies have shown that reflexology during pregnancy can reduce pain during labour, reduce the length of the first stage of labour and improve the quality of sleep in post-natal women (references below).
For more information please visit my website. I offer daytime and evening appointments as well as a limited number of weekend appointments. Please feel free to contact me for a confidential chat.
This Friday (15th August 2014) is National Relaxation Day and so I am running a special 20% off promotion this week – please see my post on www.facebook.com/TranquilityTree for details.
Tel: 01256 783572
- Valiani M et al (2010). Reviewing the effect of Reflexology on pain and outcomes of labour of primiparous women. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research, 15 (Dec), p302-310
- Li C-Y et al (2011). Randomised controlled trial of the effectiveness of using foot reflexology to improve quality of sleep amongst post partum women. Midwifery, 27, p181-186.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum onTwitter, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!