If money was a bit tight and I wanted to be careful but still entertain my family, I would probably do the following:
- Find a woodland trail and print off this seasons Nature Detectives pack
- Attend a Rhymetime or Story time session at my local library
- Find the nearest big puddle and do some puddle jumping
- Go to the beach. We love West Wittering, especially when it’s windy and wet! 😀
- Picnic breakfast at Basing lime pits (any kind of breakfast tastes better outside!)
- Make some Halloween decorations or Christmas cards
- Find the nearest museum and see what activities they have available for my little one/s. The Willis Museum in Town is free
- Run through the Woods or o on a bear hunt in your nearest woods. We love Alice Holt and Farleigh Mount.
- Find out when the cheap showing at the Vue or Odeon are and book them up early!
- Make a trip to the library and see what activities are available for my little one
- Indulge in some messy play. See Coloured Spaghetti or Making Gloop for some suggestions.
I would probably also cash in some points on my Nectar card and Tesco’s clubcard as you can get some real bargain days out if you do your research.