I would like to thank Louise for giving me the opportunity to let you know about Reflexology and how it can help you.
Before I explain a bit more about what Reflexology is, here are some of the reasons why my clients come and receive treatments:
|stress||disturbed sleep||sub fertility|
|shoulder and neck tension||pregnancy||migraines|
|sciatica||‘me time’||irregular periods|
Reflexology works on the basis that all parts of our body are represented in specific areas on the soles of our feet. As I massage and put pressure on these areas it brings about a sense of calmness and well-being in order to help the body to heal itself.
Fertility and Maternity Reflexology
Reflexology has an excellent reputation for assisting women who are having difficulty in conceiving. There may be many reasons why a woman is having difficulty getting pregnant and it might be that you should consider conventional medical treatment too, and reflexology can work alongside this.
It is safe to receive treatments at any stage during your pregnancy and treatments may in fact help alleviate some of the symptoms you may be experiencing such as morning sickness, pelvic girdle pain, constipation etc. Research has shown that Reflexology can reduce pain during labour, reduce the length of the first stage of labour and can improve the quality of sleep in post – natal women.
Some of the questions I get asked are:
- Does it tickle? Not at all. I use a firm pressure on the feet so it is a very different sensation. I have very ticklish feet, so if it did, I would not be able to have a treatment.
- How can I touch feet?! To be honest, when I started training I was not sure that I could but now I am used to it and find feet really fascinating. Weird, I know, but true!
- Can I treat men and children? Reflexology is suitable for everyone of any age.
- What is it like? Reflexology is a very easy treatment to receive. After an initial detailed discussion you will be made comfortable in a reclining chair while I carry out your treatment. It is not uncommon to feel yourself drift off into a deep state of relaxation and once the treatment has finished you should feel very calm and refreshed.
- Do I enjoy it? I absolutely love it. Nothing can quite compare to seeing how relaxed my clients are during and after a treatment.
I work out of my treatment room in Hook and offer both daytime and evening appointments. I also work one Saturday morning a month.
To book an appointment or discuss any aspect of reflexology with me, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Mobile: 07876 243286
Landline: 01256 769801