If you are returning to work within 9 months of your maternity leave start date, you are entitled to include the 10 days “Keeping in Touch” days before your maternity allowance stops (this assumes that you haven’t worked any “keeping in touch days” during your maternity leave).
For example, if you are returning to work full time on the 1st of August your maternity allowance will only stop once you have worked those 10 days, so your maternity allowance will stop on the 15th of August (the day after 10 days have been worked). Please note that any Bank Holiday’s or annual leave are NOT counted as a work day.
If you want to check that this applies to you if you claim Maternity Allowance, please ring 0800 055 6688 and have your National Insurance number with you.
I would imagine that this would also apply for Statutory Maternity Allowance but I don’t have the details for this. If anyone does, please can you share by adding them into a comment below.
Review: Alice Holt, Farnham
Great Picnic Spots near Basingstoke
Farley Mount – Winchester
- No toilet facilities
- Free parking
- Has an excellent outdoor area for toddlers
- Farm shop on the way in from Winchester or Waitrose nearby for picnic bits
- Path’s aren’t distinct but are fairly pushchair friendly
- See my review of Farley Mount from 2013
Basingstoke Canal – Odiham
- Castle remains are pretty cool although you can no longer picnic inside it, have to sit outside
- Path can be quite thin in place but still should still be able to use with an off road buggy.
Frensham Little Pond/Great Pond – Near Farnham
Fleet Pond – Fleet
- Tiny sandy beach
- picnic benches
- jetty’s for feeding the ducks
- entry road in is a bit hair raising!
Queen Elizabeth Country Park – Horndean
Staunton Country Park – Havant
Royal Victoria Country Park – Southampton
Aldermaston Common – On the road from Basingstoke to Newbury
- Several Car Parks around the common
Hook Common – Just off Junction 5 of M3
- Has big red cows with big horns wandering around and often horses grazing, so if have dogs need to keep control of them.
Yateley Common Country Park – Nr Yately
Newbury Race Course/Watership Down – near Kingsclere, RG28 7NJ
Medstead Forest – Near to Alton
- Lovely in spring time when the Bluebells are out
Danebury Iron Age Hillfort – Near Andover
Am I missing any? Please email me at email@example.com with the details. Thanks!
BCOT Restaurant – Brook Vale
- Have menus available by trainee chef’s
- Think you have to book in advance
Chineham Village Hall – Chineham
- Unfortunately you need to be a member to eat here
- If you are a member the food is VERY reasonably priced and normally excellent quality
The Dome Cafe Project – Brighton Hill
- I hear great things about this place and it’s on my list of places to visit in 2014
Trawlerman (fish and chips) – Chineham
- Open from 10am until 8pm on Mon and Sat and until 9pm Tues to Fri evenings
- Closed on Mondays
Oliver’s fish and chips – Old Basing
- Has takeaway or restaurant option
- Cafe recently been refurnished
Dayers – Chineham Business Park – Chineham
- Not open in the evenings so can’t really be classified as a place to go for dinner but they do have reasonably priced meals
- Waits for food at lunchtime can be very long
- Staff normally very friendly
Oakridge Hall for All Cafe – Oakridge
- A NHM reader has recommended the Cafe here.
- You can ring in advance with your order so it’s ready for when you arrive.
Mr Munch – Town Centre
Wimpey – Town Centre
Thought I would just add all of the information that I would send out via email onto a blog. That way you can add comments if you want, without everyone else having to be cc’d.
If you want to follow the blog you should be able to subscribe so that you get updates whenever I make updates.
Hope you find what I am posting useful!
If you have any feedback, please let me know.