A massive thank you to Emma for putting together today’s post. She’s done a fantastic job!!! And thank you also to Juliet for formatting this!
What’s on this Easter 2018
Easter is a wonderful time of year isn’t it?
The weather *should* be starting to warm up again, daylight is lasting longer and the daffodils and tulips are emerging to add a glorious splash of colour to the world. We’re often surrounded by a bountiful supply of chocolate and lots of us will have the joy of an extra long weekend to spend with loved ones. What’s not to love!
The possible downside to all of the extra sugar consumption, is that you may have some very energetic bunnies on your hands to entertain and wear out. We at NHM’s are here to help, with some suggestions for local events and activities to have them positively hopping with joy.
Below is a great list of what is going on in the local area, throughout the school Easter Holidays and the bank holiday weekend. Enjoy!
Running all through the holidays locally
- The National Trust are once again running Cadbury Easter Egg Hunts at a number of their properties between 30th March – 15th April. You can spend some time taking a wonder around the impressive grounds and houses at The Vyne or Basildon House, collect clues along the way, to claim a choc-tastic treat at the end! You can find out more about what’s going on and which locations are taking part here – https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/join-the-cadbury-easter-egg-hunts
- Four Kingdoms adventure park are holding an ‘Easter Eggstravaganza’ right through the school holidays with an easter egg hunt every day. Watch the story time show: “Who Stole My Eggs” and then help the giant rabbit, Gruff, Bart and his friends in a tail of naughty easter egg gobblers. They will also be offering arts and crafts and a chance to cuddle and feed their new spring lambs. https://www.4-kingdoms.co.uk/easter-holiday-activities-for-kids-in-basingstoke/
- Finkley Down Farm are also hosting their own ‘Easter Eggstravaganza’ all through the Easter holidays with pony rides, baby animals and their massive indoor play area. https://www.finkleydownfarm.co.uk/event/easter-eggstravaganza
- Festival Place have teamed up with the master builders at Bright Bricks to bring us a FREE Giant LEGO bricks safari tour between 29th March – 8th April. An exciting way to keep the kids entertained whilst you take a dash into the shops or grab yourself a pit stop in a local café!
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre are hosting a number of FREE Easter themed sessions for kids to get creative and crafty. Check out their full itinerary here. https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/library/events/libraryevents-eventsearch
- If you’re happy to travel a little further afield, Hampton court palace are holding a Lindt Gold Bunny hunt between 26th March – 15th April. Get your fix of history at this impressive Tudor palace whilst getting into the spirit of Easter! https://www.hrp.org.uk/hampton-court-palace/explore/lindt-gold-bunny-hunt
- Marwell Zoo have added an extra special creature to their impressive collection, in the form of the Easter Bunny! Visit him quickly as he’ll be there between 30th March – 2nd April before he disappears back into his rabbit hole. https://www.marwell.org.uk/zoo/event/39/meet-the-easter-bunny
- The wonderful team at The Watercress Line are holding an Easter special with Thomas the Tank Engine. Jump on board and experience a ride on a real steam engine, shake hands with The Fat Controller and take part in Thomas themed activities in the Imagination Station. https://www.watercressline.co.uk/product.php/105/day-out-with-thomas
- On selected weekend and Bank holiday dates, Wyevale garden centres across the country are hosting breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Tuck into a delicious cooked breakfast, cuddle up to a new cuddly toy and decorate an Easter cookie. Yum! https://www.wyevalegardencentres.co.uk/cms/events/breakfast-or-tea-with-easter-bunny/
Easter Egg Hunts
We all remember the thrill of a good Easter egg hunt and there are some cracking ones happening locally this Easter. Below are a list of specific events happening through the school holidays and bank holiday weekend –
Saturday 24th March
- An Easter Clay Workshop is running at Viables Craft Centre for over 13’s, between 10.00am – 13.00pm. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/easter-bunny-workshop-tickets-43486837301?aff=efbeventtix
- Family Tots Easter Special is being held at Sherfield Park Community Centre for babies and tots from 3mnths – 2.5 Years. https://tots-play-basingstoke.class4kids.co.uk/camps
Sunday 25th March
- The Anvil are bringing some fun and hilarity to Basingstoke with their Easter Pantomine, Beauty and the Beast. Tickets are no doubt selling fast so check out more here http://www.anvilarts.org.uk/easter-panto
Friday 30th March
- Happy Faces Playgroup have announced an annual hop around the village between 10am – 12pm. Join them on Easter Friday for our egg hunt, face painting, tea and cake, raffle, tombola, games and more!
- In case one Easter egg hunt just isn’t enough, Bramley are also hosting an Easter egg hunt, starting from the centre of the village at Clift Meadow Pavillion. For £1.50 per child, you can follow the clues and bag yourself a treat at the end. Refreshments will also be available.
Saturday 31st March
- Mortimer Village are hosting an Egg-citing Easter Egg hunt between 10am – 4pm. Just hop on down to one of their local stores and collect a map and start your hunt for a yummy treat reward at the end! https://www.facebook.com/events/167899360501771/
- Between 2-4pm The Roger Morris Centre are hosting an Easter Fayre with an egg hunt, colouring competitions, raffles and more! http://www.therogermorriscentre.org.uk/easter-fayre-2018
Sunday 1st April
- For younger children, Jump Factory are holding an easter egg hunt as part of their mini jump sessions at 9am and 10am. They will be having a special guest appearance from the Easter bunny and will have lots of plastic eggs hidden around the park to be found. A great way to give your kids some egg-cercise whilst getting into the easter spirit. https://www.jumpfactory.co.uk/news/post/easter-events-in-hampshire-join-the-jump-factory-mini-egg-hunt
- Wellington Country Park are holding a ‘Mega Egg Hunt’ and inviting egg-splorers to join them. They will have all of their usual features open for a lovely day of fresh air and fun, alongside the hunt and a visit from the Easter Bunny. https://wellington-country-park.co.uk/events/mega-egg-hunt/
The list could go on, there is so much happening locally, we are spoilt for choice. Whatever you do, have a cracking time!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – you can receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow NorthHantsMum onTwitter,Facebook Page, Facebook Profile, LinkedIn and Feedly. I hope to see you there!