You can now find NHM on Twitter HERE.
Things I have learnt about Twitter in the past month:
- It’s very easy to set up and get started
- RT stands for Re-Tweeting. You can share someone else’s Tweet with your Followers
- FF stands for Follow Friday. Every Friday you can Tweet the names of Twitter users you’d like others to follow.
- Put the “#” (hashtag) in front of the subject or person you want to Tweet about.
- I can see how it can be addictive!
If you run a business, as I know a lot of you do, or run a blog, Twitter is a brilliant way to raise your profile. Within a week of getting set up on Twitter NHM had 50 followers, many of whom wouldn’t have known about NHM, had they not seen the posts on Twitter.
I’m pleased to say that, at the moment, I only spend about 10 mins a week on Twitter! I’ve set up my posts on wordpress so that they are automatically published to Twitter when wordpress publishes them. I don’t really need to do anything beyond this, but I do like checking the Twitter feeds to see if there is anything that is relevant to the NHM Community. that I can RT.
For those of you who are already Following NHM, thank you! A big thank you to those of you who have RT’d NHM’s Tweet’s to your Followers too.
If you haven’t used Twitter before, why not give it a go! Oh and don’t forget to follow NHM :-D.